People who seek psychotherapy or counselling usually do so because they are experiencing difficulties in their life. There are times when we can all encounter issues that seem overwhelming and feel the need to talk things through with someone who is impartial to the situation, in a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment.
Other people choose psychotherapy as a form of personal development, to address whatever their personal dissatisfaction is about. Some people just want a better understanding of themselves, how they interrelate with others, to find inner peace and to fulfil their potential. All these are valid reasons to start psychotherapy to help explore, understand and change what is happening.
I have worked with people from all walks of life and experiencing many different types of difficulty including anxiety, stress, anger, obsessiveness, sexual abuse, physical abuse, depression and grief, along with diagnosed psychiatric conditions.
I offer both long and short term therapy to individuals and couples, depending on what is needed. Open ended therapy can be provided when required.
Psychotherapy can help us:
- Take control of our life
- Reduce conflict – internal and interpersonal
- Deal with depression
- Deal with bereavement
- Overcome difficult feelings: anxiety, anger, grief, fear
- Deal with stress
- Deal with panic attacks
- Overcome repetitive life patterns
- Overcome sexual difficulties – past or present
- Deal with abuse – past or present
- Deal with self-limiting beliefs
- Deal with obsessive behaviour
- Deal with the after-effects of trauma
- Cope with psychiatric illness
- Overcome addictions
- Stop smoking
- Change our negative thinking
- Increase the quality of our relationships
- Learn how to succeed
- Increase our self-esteem
- Learn new parenting skills
- Find meaning and purpose in life